With so many new residents at Glassy, Valley, and Mountain Park, the Glassy Mountain Chapel Committee thought it would be helpful to offer a primer on the
- The Chapel was built by The Cliffs developer in 1994 on land he donated--the most prominent lot on Glassy Mountain. Seating capacity is 200.
- It is open to Cliffs visitors daily from sunrise to sunset.
- It is a Glassy amenity that is unique among the Cliffs communities: it is a major source of outside visitors (e.g., weddings) which exposes the mountain to new audiences and produces significant
income for the Cliffs. During the spring and fall wedding seasons, there may be up to three ceremonies on any given Saturday.
The Chapel is owned by the Cliffs and administered jointly with the Glassy Mountain Chapel Committee, composed of Glassy, Valley and Mountain Park
residents. The Committee sponsors:
- Non-denominational Sunday morning worship services from May through September, hosting different pastors and soloists each week.
- Easter, Christmas Eve and Hanging of the Greens services (all cancelled over the past year due to COVID restrictions).
- Once-a-month evening concerts (usually April through November) featuring a wide variety of musical offerings by professional performers.
- Two retreats each year--a one day session at Glassy in the fall and a spring two-day Regina Hersey Retreat at The Cove in Asheville (on May 19 and 20, 2021).
The Chapel Committe welcomes residents of the Cliffs Community to any and all of these activities.